Handmade Certified provides Etsy buyers confidence that they are purchasing authentic handmade products. Handmade Certified provides Etsy sellers a proactive solution to the plague of “resellers”. Etsy sellers benefit from increased customer trust levels, differentiation from other Etsy sellers, and adding authenticity to their business.
After the three part certification process, Etsy sellers will be given access to graphics that can be used in product picture listings, the Etsy About page, blogs, Facebook, Pinterest, any another online, fliers, business cards , and any printed promotional materials . This certification gives your customers confidence to shop with you over other Etsy sellers.
The Handmade Certified Assessment is made up of 3 parts:
1. Handmade Declaration Statement – A signed statement declaring your handmade creations and adherence to Etsy policies. This provides 1st party assurance. “I am handmade.”
2. Handmade Association Agreement – A signed agreement to help monitor handmade authenticity among other Handmade Certified members. This provides 2nd party assurance. “We are handmade.”
3. Handmade Validation Survey – A twenty-two question survey providing evidence and details surrounding the handmade process, products, and artist that is reviewed and verified by Handmade Certified.
This provides 3rd party assurance. “They are handmade.” These three levels of certification provide assurance to customers that a product is indeed handmade – not a mass-produced knockoff.
1. Sign up to take the Handmade Certification Assessment through PayPal.
2. Create a login at Handmade Certification, update your account and create your directory listing.
3. Complete the Certification Assessment.
4. Download the Certification Badge graphics and give your customers confidence. There are three ways you can become a member of Handmade Certified:
- Monthly Membership – $2.00 per month
- Annual Membership – $20.00 per year
- Lifetime Membership – $50.00 one-time cost
Proactively provide confidence to your customers that you items are handmade!
Here are some samples of the badges you will receive once your shop is reviewed.
This badge is designed to add to your Etsy listings. You can use this as your 5th image!
Here you can see this badge in action on an actual Etsy listing:
This badge is designed perfectly for your new Etsy about page. Ready to upload!
Here you can see the banner image at work in the new about page in an Etsy shop:
250 x 250 blog badge
Plain 250 PNG badge
125 badge to add to item photos or blog. ( PNG)